November 10-12, 2023
“Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” — Rumi
In the spring and fall, a handful of women join me at a beautiful inn in Peterborough, NH, for a retreat I call “No Time to be Timid,” an invitation-only event about creative courage. Through conversation and activities, we explore how to nourish our creative process, take risks, and find the courage to keep creating.
I limit the group to six to eight participants. All are intelligent, curious women with varied life experiences, across disciplines, and in different stages of their creative journey — some finally stepping into their creative selves, others recommitting to an artistic practice, some hoping to become more agile creative thinkers.
The No Time to be Timid Retreat is for:
- anyone who wants to expand/jumpstart their creative work and practice
- people who hear the call to create but are hesitant to step into their creative potential
- anyone looking for the courage and the creative energy to begin a new endeavor
We’ll explore how to:
- give voice to our creative expression
- fight resistance
- nourish our creative process
- work with the gift of constraints
- challenge our inner critic
- confirm our legitimacy as creators
- explore the occupational hazards of creative work, e.g., self-doubt
- find the courage to keep creating and/or begin new projects
Fee: $2,500; includes accommodations, meals, and materials
If you’re interested, please contact me so we can schedule an initial conversation to see where you are creatively and what aspirations you may have. Then we can determine whether or not the retreat’s a good fit for you.
“The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative power restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time.” — Mary Oliver